Super Bowl Sunday Nachos
This is a great stand-in for a balanced meal at any Super Bowl party!Print Pin Rate
- 3 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cup caned pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 10 oz lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, 2% fat
- 1/4 cup diced canned jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each tortilla into 16 chip-sized pieces
- Spread the pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove the chips from the oven, leaving the oven on.
- Transfer the chips to an oven-proof serving dish and spread the beans evenly on top.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey and taco seasoning and cook, stirring to break up the turkey.
- When the turkey is still slightly pink, add the crushed tomatoes and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until turkey is fully cooked and any liquid is cooked off.
- Spread the turkey over the beans and chips, the sprinkle with the cheese, chilies, green onions, and cilantro, in that order.
- Bake the nachos for approximately 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 10g