Guiltless Grilled Cheese with Roma Tomatoes and Fresh Organic Oregano
Another one from my forthcoming Haute & Healthy collection. Grilled cheese is a comfort food favorite but you might know that this fried-in-butter sandwich is usually very high in fat. That's why I decided to make it into a healthy version while keeping all the melty, gooey goodness. Fresh organic ingredients take it from ho-hum to haute.Print Pin Rate
- 2 Slices large whole wheat bread
- 1 1/2 slices light Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 slices low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 small organic Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh organic oregano, finely chopped
- olive oil spray
- Place the Swiss cheese on one side of a slice of bread. Then place sliced tomato on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Follow with the Cheddar cheese and second piece of bread.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray the outside of the sandwich with olive oil spray. Cook sandwich 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is toasty. If cheese isn't melting, cover the pan and check every minute until done.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g