Bangin' Banana Bread
There's nothing better than homebaked banana bread fresh from the oven. Except for very healthy banana bread fresh from the oven. I've got this American classic favorite tasting better than ever and you've never had this low in calories and sugar.Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup ZSweet zero calorie sweetener
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup low fat Greek yogurt (2% works best)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax (I use Barlean’s Forti-Flax flax meal from Whole Foods)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine sugar, banana, applesauce, eggs and yogurt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed.
- Add Zsweet and brown sugar; beat until combined.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture; beat until blended.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5” loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan or on a wire rack.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1.5g