- 5 cup spinach or watercress
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup wild rice cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar or Stevia
- 1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil brown rice and wild rice in water with salt and olive oil. Reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and allow to cool to almost room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix cranberries and walnuts with rice mixture.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, peel and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, mix dressing in with the rice mixture. Then toss with chilled greens and serve.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3.7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 197mg | Fiber: 2.2g