Honey Almond Popcorn Globes
Back to school puts me in a brown bag mood. I filled these mini bags with these tasty, fresh, lo-cal treats. Perfect for your hard-working student.Print Pin Rate
- 20 cup air popped popcorn about 2 packs of microwave able popcorn or 2/3 cups kernels
- 1 1/4 cup organic butter cut into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoon organic butter cut into cubes - this will be used on hands for making globes
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Put popcorn in a large deep baking dish or roasting pan. Also, line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together butter, the honey, and salt until butter is melted. Increase heat, boil honey mixture gently one minute. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Slowly pour honey almond mixture over popcorn in baking dish and stir gently to coat. Bake popcorn, stirring every 8 minutes, until deep golden all over, about 24 minutes.
- Let popcorn stand 5 minutes, until it is cool enough to handle. With lightly buttered hands, press small handfuls of the mixture into 1 1/2-in. globes. If mixture cools too much to be malleable, return it to oven for about 45 seconds to soften.
- Put popcorn balls on prepared baking sheet and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 1globe | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fat: 4g