Steel-Cut Oats with Fresh Cherries, Blueberries and Walnuts
There's a great outdoor cafe in Los Angeles called Urth Cafe and you might have seen it on Entourage - Vinnie and the boys eat there in nearly every other episode. It is a major celebrity haunt. Anyway they serve this amazing bowl of steel-cut oats with all the fruits, nuts and milk served on the side as you see here. It is one of the better breakfast dishes in town and now you can bring this celeb-favorite home for yourself.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use Celtic Sea Salt)
- 2 dash cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 2 tablespoon walnuts
- 1/2 cup soy milk (I also use light coconut milk)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add salt, cinnamon, and steel cut oats.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve ½ cup cooked oats with a bit of walnuts, blueberries and cherries.
- **Alternatively follow package directions, top with your favorite nuts and fruits.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g