Remember that green smoothie I couldn't stop raving about? 🌿 Well, after tweaking a Goop newsletter gem, I've nailed the perfect recipe! Loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, and a whopping 22 grams of fiber, it's a game-changer for digestion and keeping you full for hours. Check out my tutorial video for the recipe and get ready to blend your way to deliciousness! Best of all it has 22 grams of fiber…which is amazing for digestion!Print Pin Rate
- 1 Blender
- 1 Medium Pear
- ½ Lemon peeled
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 Medium Cucumber
- 1 Large Avocado
- 2 Cups Ice
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and enjoy.
Health benefits:Lemons are a good source of vitamin C.
- One lemon provides about 31 mg of vitamin C, which is 51% of the reference daily
- Research shows that eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C reduces your risk of
heart disease and stroke
- Plant compounds found in lemons — namely hesperidin and diosmin — have also been
found to lower cholesterol
- One 2019 review concluded that ginger supplementation significantly reduced body
weight, the waist-hip ratio, and the hip ratio in people with overweight or obesity.
- Ginger’s ability to influence weight loss may be due to certain mechanisms, such as its
potential to reduce inflammation.
- One medium-sized pear packs 6 g of fiber, or about 21% of your daily fiber
- Additionally, pears are rich in pectin, a type of soluble fiber that has
been associated with several benefits, including improved gut health and
- Although avocados are high in calories, they’re packed with nutrients and help
promote satiety, thanks to their high fiber and healthy fat content.
- One avocado has approximately 14 g of fiber that’s about half of your daily
recommended intake of fiber
- Antioxidants are molecules that block oxidation, a chemical reaction that
forms highly reactive atoms with unpaired electrons known as free radicals.
- The accumulation of these harmful free radicals can lead to several types of
chronic illness In fact, oxidative stress caused by free radicals has been
associated with cancer and heart, lung and autoimmune disease.
- Cucumbers are especially rich in beneficial antioxidants that may reduce the
risk of these conditions.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 22g