Greek Grilled Chicken With Oregano & Mint Leaves
Grilled chicken used to be drab. Not anymore - now it's bursting with Mediterranean flavors. You might recognize that gorgeous dark haired sous-chef giving me a helping hand. That's Colleen Williams - the beloved long-time anchor of NBC News LA. Don't just click on"like it", LOVE IT!Print Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 12-inch metal or wooden skewers
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix chicken, 1 T olive oil, garlic, mint, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Whisk remaining 1 T olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Pull off large mint leaves from stems. Alternate chicken, onion and mint leaves on skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill kebabs until chicken is cooked through, turning and basting with lemon-oil mixture, about 9-10 minutes.
Serving: 1skewer | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g