Dinner for Your Valentine
Filet Mignon with Sauteed Mushrooms, Arugula Salad with Figs & Pomegranates, and Roasted Cauliflower with Shallots & Sea SaltPrint Pin Rate
- 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 4 3-oz organic top sirloin steaks
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 8-oz package presliced mushrooms (baby bellas or shitake)
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay (or sub white grape juice)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Arugula Fig Salad with Pomegranate Arils
- 4 cup arugula
- 1 cup dried or fresh figs
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked pepper
Roasted Cauliflower with Shallots and Sea Salt
- 1 head cauliflower
- olive oil spray
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Coat both sides of steaks with cooking spray; rub steaks evenly with thyme mixture.
- Place steaks on rack of a broiler or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 450° for 8 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 165°F for well-done.
- Remove from oven; keep warm.
- While steaks are cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add thyme, mushrooms, and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced by half (about 10 minutes).
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture to mushroom pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve ¼ c mushroom sauce with each steak.
- Toss arugula and figs in a large bowl. Whisk lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve. Makes 5 servings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, place rack in lower third of oven.
- Cut cauliflower lengthwise into ¾ inch thick slices.
- Put into a large bowl and spray generously with olive oil.
- Add minced shallots, salt and pepper and toss until evenly distributed.
- Spread onto a large sheet pan (covered with foil for easy clean up).
- Roast turning once, until golden and just tender, about 25 minutes. Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts Broken Down Per Course (per serving): Filet and Sauteed Mushroom Sauce: 360 calories, 27 grams protein, 47 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fat (includes 1 serving of mashed potatoes) Arugula Fig Salad with Pomegranate Arils: 117 calories, 1 gram protein, 19 grams carbs, 6 grams fat Roasted Cauliflower with Shallots and Sea Salt: 60 calories, 0 fat, 12 gm carbohydrates, 4 gm protein
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 11g