Crispy-Chewy Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Another one from my forthcoming Haute & Healthy collection. Open-flame grilling takes these boring soft taco shells to crisp-chewy in only a few minutes. If you are NOT a person who has all day to chop, buy salsa and pre-shredded lettuce to save time.Print Pin Rate
- 3 oz fajita-style grilled chicken breast strips Check out Costco's Full Circle brand precooked strips (can also swap chicken for shrimp or fish)
- 2 6" corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup brown rice try Village Harvest precooked frozen brown rice from Costco
- 1/4 cup avocado, cubed
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Chipotle-flavored Tabasco sauce
- Shredded lettuce you can buy this pre-shredded to save time
- salsa pico de gallo - you can buy this pre-made to save time
- Combine heated brown rice and black beans with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Heat tortillas over open flame on a gas stove on low heat. Use tongs and flip frequently until nicely crisped (be careful not to burn). If you don’t have a gas stove, reheat tortillas according to package directions.
- Warm chicken breast strips in the microwave according to directions. If you have time, you can start with fresh chicken breasts - fresh is always a little better but these are still great.
- Stuff warm chicken breast strips into warm tortilla. Add lettuce, avocado and salsa. Top with chopped cilantro and squeeze a lime wedge over it.
- As a final touch, drizzle Chipotle-flavored Tobasco sauce (careful - hot!).
- Enjoy with black beans and rice on the side (or add them to the tacos).
1 serving = 2 tacos + the extra fillings that don't fit the two tacos
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g