Organic Filet Mignon with Rosemary-Garlic Mushrooms (Plus Herbed Mashed Potatoes)
Looks pretty good doesn't it? It is very good and healthy too. This goes along with my whole nutrition plan as you might have heard on KLOVE.Print Pin Rate
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 4 clove Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) organic top sirloin steaks
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 8-ounce package pre-sliced mushrooms (baby bells or shitake)
- 4 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Herbed Mashed Potatoes
- 3 large potatoes
- 2/3 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of each freshly chopped herbs (thyme, chives, parsley)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon low far sour cream
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Coat both sides of steaks with cooking spray; rub steaks evenly with thyme mixture.
- Place steaks on rack of a broiler or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 450° for 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from oven; keep warm.
- (pre fare while steaks are in oven) Heat oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add ½ teaspoon thyme, mushrooms, and 4 garlic cloves; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced by half (about 10 minutes).
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings (serving size 1 steak and ¼ c. sauce)
- Peel potatoes and cut them in half.
- Place them in a pot of cold water and cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Drain. Bring chicken broth to a boil, and turn down to simmer.
- Mash potatoes and combine broth, herbs and sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Yields 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 palm-sized filet and 1 fist sized serving of mashed potatoes.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 6g