A back-to-school treat! Blueberries are one of the world's most powerful and antioxidant-rich superfoods. Summertime is berry season and there's still no tastier way to enjoy super juicy fresh blueberries than good old-fashioned blueberry muffins. But how about sugar-free, fat-free healthy ones that are super-moist and delicious?These high fiber low fat muffins are a much healthier option compared to Otis Spunkmeyer 330 cals. 17 gm. fat.Print Pin Rate
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ZSweet natural zero calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light soymilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 medium lemon)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour, ZSweet, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine light soy milk, applesauce, egg and lemon zest mix well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture; stir with a large spoon until moist (don’t over mix).
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until you can poke with a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g