Rosemary Pomegranate Spritz
This vibrant drink not only tastes fabulous but also brings a dose of goodness and is gorgeous to look at as well so it’s perfect for your holiday parties! Packed with antioxidants from pomegranate and the wellness boost of rosemary, it's a refreshing way to indulge wisely. Check out the easy steps to craft this delightful spritz!Print Pin Rate
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup*
- club soda to top
- garnish: rosemary sprig
*Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- Fill a Collins glass one-third of the way with ice.
- Add the pomegranate juice and rosemary simple syrup*.
- Fill the glass to the rim with club soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve.
*Rosemary Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, and rosemary sprigs and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let cool completely, then remove the rosemary sprigs.
- The syrup will keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.
Incorporating rosemary and pomegranate into a balanced diet can offer a range of health benefits, but it’s essential to maintain variety and moderation in food choices for overall
- Antioxidant Properties: Rosemary contains compounds like rosmarinic acid and
carnosic acid, which act as antioxidants, helping to combat oxidative stress in the body.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Some studies suggest that rosemary may have
anti-inflammatory properties, potentially aiding in reducing inflammation in the body.
- Memory and Concentration: There’s some evidence that the aroma of rosemary
may positively impact cognitive function, potentially enhancing memory and concentration.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Pomegranates are loaded with powerful antioxidants,
particularly punicalagins and anthocyanins, which help neutralize free radicals and protect cells
- Heart Health: Pomegranates may contribute to heart health by reducing
cholesterol levels, lowering blood pressure, and improving overall cardiovascular function.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Pomegranates have anti-inflammatory effects,
which can be beneficial for conditions associated with inflammation, contributing to overall
- Cancer Prevention: Some studies suggest that the compounds in pomegranates
may have anti-cancer effects, particularly in inhibiting the growth of certain types of cancer cells.