Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apples
Jackson Pollock made splatter-painting a contemporary art phenomenon. Now you can start an artistic Halloween phenomenon of your own with these healthier-than-caramel dark chocolate treats.Print Pin Rate
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 8 medium apples
- various toppings as desired
- 8 bamboo skewers or wooden pop sticks
- Wash and dry apples.
- Arrange toppings in medium sized bowls
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- Insert wooden stick into apple cores.
- Fill a medium sauce pan half way with water.
- Bring water to a boil and place a medium glass mixing bowl over boiling water and immediately remove from heat.
- Melt chocolate in the glass bowl over the hot water.
- Coat the apple with a thin layer of chocolate by gently spooning melted chocolate on to each apple starting about one fourth inch away from apple top working downward
- If you are using additional toppings dip apples into topping bowls or sprinkle toppings over apples.
- Place decorated apples onto parchment paper and refrigerate for fifteen minutes to harden.
Serving: 1apple | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g