High Protein Pumpkin Chai Pancakes
If you're tired of the usual pancake recipes that leave you with a sugar crash, then these tasty cakes are the solution you've been waiting for. Packed with egg whites and protein powder, they provide you with a steady source of energy, and they'll even help boost your metabolism. Plus, the delightful blend of pumpkin and chai flavors is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings!These pancakes are not only delicious but also nutritious, making them the perfect way to start your day during the holidays. The pumpkin and chai spices will fill your kitchen with a cozy aroma, and the protein-packed goodness will keep you fueled for all the festivities.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk
- ½ cup chai tea
- 2 scoops protein powder (any brand that yields 20 grams protein per scoop)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 extra-large egg whites
- 2 tbsp butter slightly melted
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients and set aside.Whisk to combine the soy milk and protein powder and blend for 30 seconds, then pour into a medium bowl. To the protein mixture, add the chai tea, pumpkin, egg whites, and butter and mix well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moist.Do not overmix the pancake batter.
- Warm a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. Spray the heated griddle or skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray. Ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle,using ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake. Let each pancake cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Spread lightly with butter and ½ tablespoon of syrup per cake.