Day-After Detox (Chipotle-Mushroom) Turkey Soup with Rice
After the holidays, you want to eat something pure, healthy and fresh so you can sort of recover as you venture out into the cold and shop your heart out. And there's still no better feel-good meal than a homemade soup to warm you up.Low in fat and high in nutrients, perfect for detoxing from a food hangover. Add some toasted sourdough bread for the perfect PC Combo (if you don't know what a PC Combo is, check out my book Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads or the Flat Belly Food System).Print Pin Rate
- 32 oz chicken stock or broth
- 4 cup water
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon chipotles in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb roasted turkey, or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges for garnish
- *If you are using raw meat, cube the meat and marinate for at least one hour with minced garlic, sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, extra virgin olive oil and dry thyme.
- Sauté in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and set aside until the last five minutes of cooking the soup.
- Combine first 13 ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add turkey and rice and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in fresh parsley. Season soup with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and serve.
Serving: 1med bowl | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g