Limonata-Raspberry Bread Pudding
Full of heart-warming, spongy tart-sweetness, this updated favorite makes a fantastic dessert as well as part of a healthy breakfast.Print Pin Rate
- 3 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (used for warming vanilla bean)
- 1 lb stale whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped or use 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint pint raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl add milk, eggs, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a small sauce pan heat ¼ cup milk with vanilla bean scrapings and gently stir to separate vanilla, about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir into egg and lemon mixture.
- Place bread cubes into a 9x13x2 in baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture over bread and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Gently toss raspberries into bread mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Bread pudding can be served warm or cold.
- A few favorite ways to serve: with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or in a bowl with vanilla soy milk or half & half poured over it. Yummmm...
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g