Chocolate Chip Christmas Balls
A few less calories and a little more taste make these guys an instant favorite. As seen on The 700 Club.Print Pin Rate
- 8 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese softened 2 oz
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 - 12 oz miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and salt. Mix until combined.
- Beat in egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in flours. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until bottoms are golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine confectioners’ sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla in a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of soymilk at a time until icing reaches desired consistency.
- Dip each cookie into frosting presentation side head first into frosting. Lightly sprinkle with green and red sugar crystals for a more festive design (note: the frosting dries quickly).
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4.5g