It’s almost Valentine’s Day and I find romantic dinners at home super special. No rushing, no need to make reservations, and you control the environment. Plus, you definitely can’t go wrong with amazing ingredients and step by step instructions. Throw in your favorite music, candlelight, handwritten card and maybe even a movie on the couch and you have the perfect evening – straight from the heart and everything made by your two hands!
How would your sweetheart like you to cook a dinner of Filet Mignon with Sauteed Mushrooms, Arugula Salad with Figs & Pomegranates, and Roasted Cauliflower with Shallots & Sea Salt all from your kitchen at home – Sounds delicious, right?
I’ve got the food covered…the rest is up to you 😉
Dinner For Your Valentine:
Don’t be intimidated by the steps and ingredients, it is super easy, I know you can do it! Plus, your Valentine deserves a little extra effort on this special day =)
- 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 3-oz organic top sirloin steaks
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 8-oz package presliced mushrooms (baby bellas or shitake)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay (or sub white grape juice)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Arugula Fig Salad with Pomegranate Arils
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup dried or fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked pepper
Roasted Cauliflower with Shallots and Sea Salt
- 1 head cauliflower
- olive oil spray
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Coat both sides of steaks with cooking spray; rub steaks evenly with thyme mixture.
- Place steaks on rack of a broiler or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 450° for 8 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 165°F for well-done.
- Remove from oven; keep warm.
- While steaks are cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add thyme, mushrooms, and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced by half (about 10 minutes).
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture to mushroom pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve ¼ c mushroom sauce with each steak.
- Toss arugula and figs in a large bowl. Whisk lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve. Makes 5 servings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, place rack in lower third of oven.
- Cut cauliflower lengthwise into ¾ inch thick slices.
- Put into a large bowl and spray generously with olive oil.
- Add minced shallots, salt and pepper and toss until evenly distributed.
- Spread onto a large sheet pan (covered with foil for easy clean up).
- Roast turning once, until golden and just tender, about 25 minutes. Serves 4.
- Filet and Sauteed Mushroom Sauce: Nutrition facts per serving: 360 calories, 27 grams protein, 47 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fat (includes 1 serving of mashed potatoes) Serves 4
- Arugula Fig Salad with Pomegranate Arils: Nutrition facts per serving: 117 calories, 1 gram protein, 19 grams carbs, 6 grams fat
- Roasted Cauliflower with Shallots and Sea Salt: Nutrition facts per serving: 60 calories, 0 fat, 12 gm carbohydrates, 4 gm protein
I would love your help. By filling out a very brief four question survey, you would be providing me with valuable insight to what you would like to know and learn more about in 2017; I would love to know how to better help you in the coming year. Thank you for subscribing to my newsletters!
You can find the survey by clicking here.
Happy Valentine’s Day!