Butternut Squash Soup with Niman Ranch Bacon Bits
Cold weather is here again - and that means it is soup season! Here's a new heartwarming instant favorite that is (surprise, surprise) bursting with flavor. Thank you Leslie for this one.Print Pin Rate
- 2 1/4 lb butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon chipotles in adobo, minced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 14 oz white sweet corn
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 strip Niman Ranch bacon, diced small
- 4 tablespoon low fat Greek yogurt
- In a large soup pot, fry bacon pieces until cooked, then remove with a slotted spoon, leaving remaining bacon grease.
- Next, add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add squash, broth and chipotles in adobo and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Add corn and continue to boil for 5 more minutes
- Using an immersion blender or an upright blender, puree soup leaving some chunks or until you reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with at teaspoon of Greek yogurt, a few bacon bits and fresh sage. I also like to garnish with fresh organic goat cheese.
Compare to regular recipe: 397 calories and 33g fat!
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g