It is the New Year and the perfect time to reflect on the year past and set your intentions for the year to come. As we ring in the new year, take some time this week to journal and reflect on the year past:
- What were your fondest memories of 2018?
- How was your year successful?
- Did you accomplish the goals you set for the year? What were they?
- What was the most successful year you’ve ever had? What made that a success?
- What were some failures from 2018 and how can you learn from them in 2019?
- Are you sad to see 2018 pass?
- 2018 was a year of…?
Looking forward to the new year, set some goals and intentions for 2019:
- Why is the new year a good time for resolutions?
- Do you need a new year to make a change?
- What are you most excited for in 2019?
- What does the new year symbolize?
- How can you improve your life in 2019?
- By the end of the year I will…?
- Make resolutions and outline a plan for how to stick to them.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years; 10 years?
- 2019 will be a year of…?
The top New Year’s resolutions somehow involve diet and exercise, maybe because the new year brings thoughts of new beginnings. We know we need to be healthier and everyone wants to start the new year with a clean slate, and we want to begin anew starting with our bodies after a long holiday season of indulging.
I have a couple of recipes that will help you with those resolutions.
It’s not for the faint of heart but this detox shot is loaded with all-natural, potent superfood detoxing nutrients to get rid of the toxins of 2018 and get you started on a healthy 2019.
- 1 beet, roasted
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 handful broccoli florets
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 1 handful dandelion leaves
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 cup skinny chicks detox tea (recipe below or find it here)
- To roast beet: Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and wrap beet tightly in foil.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until tender enough to poke through easily with a knife.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Chill for 1 hour to overnight.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts per shot: 21 cals., 1 gm protein, 5 gm carbohydrates, 0 gm fat
ALL-NATURAL DETOXING POWER: FULLY LOADED.
Serving size: 1 shot
This tea, featuring ginger, lemon, dandelion root tea and artichoke extract (you can find it here), this zero-calorie tea is the perfect beverage for a cleanse. Drink it hot or cold!
- 3 oz fresh ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 3 dandelion root tea bags
- 3 milk thistle tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 30 drops artichoke extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine 5 cups of water and the ginger in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the tea bags and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a large pitcher.
- Add the artichoke extract and lemon juice.
- Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.
Nutrition facts per 1-cup serving: 4 calories, 0 grams protein, 1 gram carbohydrate, 0 grams fat
Don’t forget to set intentions for the New Year. Make them attainable goals. If you don’t feel like you can stick with a resolution for an entire 12 months, break them down into smaller milestones and celebrate them along the way. Another important part of setting yourself up for success is finding an accountability partner. You are more likely to reach your goals and stick with your resolutions if you have a cheerleader, helping you along the way!
Wishing every day of the new year to be filled with success, happiness and prosperity for you.
Happy New Year!